Worship Pastor Job Description
Calvary Baptist Church is seeking a growing, mature Christian to oversee the Worship Ministry of the church. We are a family church with a focus on worship/community/ministry and missions in a city/region where the vast majority (90% +) of people are unchurched.
· Assist the Senior Pastor in planning worship services and be responsible for selection of the music for each service
· Work with existing praise teams and develop new members to lead the church family in worship through music
· Supervise the praise teams, instrumentalists, vocal groups, and soloists
· Develop a rehearsal schedule that works with all members of the worship teams
· Enlist, equip and train leaders for service in other aspects of the Worship Ministry
· Be aware of conferences, weddings and funerals to be held in the church and assist as needed
· Provide access to the type of music needed by Praise Team members; i.e. chord charts and musical scores for vocalists or instruments. Create lyric slides for Sunday worship using ProPresenter
· Usually available to for special holidays
· Supervise maintenance of and additions to music equipment, including printed materials, instruments, technology, audio/visual equipment/use and supplies
· Prepare and submit the Worship Ministry and Audio/Visual annual budget to Stewardship Team
· Supervise and train Media Team members
· Coordinate Media ministry of the church
In addition, the Worship Pastor will also assist in connecting people to God and to Calvary Baptist Church.
· Oversee the assimilation tasks to maintain regular contact with first-time and returning guests
· Tracking and inviting people to move from first-time guests to fully-committed servants
· Oversee, develop and promote the Disciple Group ministry of Calvary
Other responsibilities include:
· Serve as an elder of Calvary Baptist Church
· Do weddings, funerals, and counseling as needed
· Occasional preaching duties as needs arise
· Other duties as assigned by pastor and elder team
Qualifications for the Candidate
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or an advanced degree with a focus in Biblical Studies, music, theology, ministry or similar field desired. This person should also be in agreement with Calvary’s doctrine, mission, and values as presented. This person would be someone with experience in worship and praise team leadership and a passionate conviction to see people connect to God through worship. Candidate should not only have an understanding of music, but also be able to read music well. Being capable of playing a musical instrument would be a plus. In addition, this person would be someone with a proven track record of team leadership and a passionate desire to connect people to God and to others. This person will be a team player who understands the value of working together with other church staff members to carry out the building of the Kingdom of God. This person must also enjoy wearing various hats and be committed to building teams that equip and unleash God’s people to do ministry.
To apply for this position, please go to: https://kingdomcandidates.com/jobs/57 .