Our Location577 Walnut StreetElko, NV 89801
If you have any questions or need more information, please call us during hours of operation at (775) 738-6840 or email us at: email@example.com.
Church Office Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The church office is closed Friday - Sunday.
Guests outside of regular office hours are encouraged to call the church to set-up an appointment. You may leave a message for us and someone will return your call the next available business day.
Prayer Time: 8:30 a.m.
Children Disciple Groups (Kids Connection - Infants through 6th grade): 9:00 a.m.
Youth Disciple Group: 9:00 a.m.
Adult Disciple Groups: 9:00 a.m.
Connection Time/Fellowship: 10:10 a.m.
Worship: 10:30 a.m.
What to Expect at Celebrate Recovery
CR meets every Thursday night from 6-9 p.m. here at Calvary Baptist Church in the Fellowship Hall (basement entrance through the double doors located on Walnut Street). Everyone is welcome to attend & to ‘come as you are’!
We begin each evening with dinner, music & worship, followed by teaching & small groups. Dinner, dessert, coffee & child care are provided.
CR Welcomes Newcomers!
Celebrate Recovery for Adults:
Do you have trouble setting limits for yourself? Do you sacrifice your identity, desires, or needs to make others feel good about themselves or to ‘keep the peace’? Do you struggle with not feeling safe when you aren’t in control? Do you raise your voice to get your own way? Do you act kind on the outside, but feel bitter on the inside? Do you use food, sex/pornography, relationships, alcohol, or drugs to cope with life’s problems? Do you struggle with your body image? Do you love someone struggling with destructive behaviors, such as pornography, drugs, alcohol, depression, or suicidal tendencies? Do you live with someone who abuses you physically, sexually, verbally, or emotionally? Do you feel the continued effects from past traumas and abuses?
Don’t give up! There is hope!
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups Can:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the “Principles” in a Christ-Centered recovery.
- Provide you a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up or habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery’s “FIVE RULES.”
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week, if available.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups Will Not:
Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. We will provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.
Celebrate Recovery isn't only for those who are struggling with alcohol or drug addictions. This ministry is for all types of problems and addictions, which are unhealed, unmet or unresolved. These problems or addictions may include, but are not limited to:
- Anger / Rage
- Abuse (physical, sexually, verbally, emotionally)
- Fear and/or Anxiety
- Hurtful Relationships
- The Need to Dominate or Control
- Sexual Addiction (pornography, etc.)
- Gambling Addiction
- Drug / Alcohol Addiction
- And all of the other things not covered in this list, some more controlling than others…
Come join us to see what Celebrate Recovery is all about. For more information, please contact the church office at (775) 738-6840.